We are committed to maintaining an environment that helps keep our guests safe.
At Delaware North at Honey Creek Resort, we are focused on creating an experience that delights every guest. The health and safety of our employees and guests is always our highest priority.
Our comprehensive Rest Assured™ program has introduced new health and safety standards aimed at helping to keep guests and employees safe while slowing the spread of COVID-19. It includes bolstered hygiene protocols to meet or exceed best-practice guidelines of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
After careful consideration with State and County health officials, we had temporarily closed our lodging, retail and food services and reservation office. But now we are excited to be reopening.
Please reference the important information below for our guests:
- Masks or other face coverings are recommended to be worn inside all public buildings.
- Guests will not be permitted to enter if they are sick or if they have come into contact with someone who is sick during the last 14 days.
- Staff will not enter guest rooms for cleaning service during the guest's stay. Instructions will be given at check-in on how to get additional linens, if needed.
- Our Outdoor Aquapark is open from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM daily, now through September 7th, at which time it will close for the season.
- Our Indoor Water Park is open daily from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM with social distancing guidelines:
- The large water slide, snack bar, and arcade remain closed due to COVID-19 protocol
- Currently no group functions (birthday parties or organized gatherings) are being scheduled
- Social distancing requires 6 feet of distance between different family groups in the pool, hot tub, and deck
- Face masks are recommended for all on the deck while not swimming
- Deck tables, chairs, and lazy river floats are disinfected after each use
- The small toddler's slide is disinfected on a set schedule
- The Marina is open from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM, now through September 7th, and includes access to:
- Fishing Equipment
- Boat Rentals (additional charge, and must be reserved through the Front Desk)
- After September 7th, the Marina will be open Friday-Sunday only, on September 11-13 and 18-20, and includes the availability of kayaks and paddleboards.
- The Preserve Golf Course is open daily, with the following schedule:
- Monday: 11:45 AM to 7:00 PM
- Tuesday-Friday: 7:45 AM to 7:00 PM
- Saturday-Sunday: 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- The Rathbun Lakeshore Grille restaurant is open from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM daily
- Reservations are recommended due to social distancing guidelines and table availability. Please call 641-724-1403 for dining reservations
- Table reservations are currently limited to 8 people or less
- The Lounge is open Sun-Thurs from 2:00 PM to close (tentatively 9:00 PM, depending on business levels), and Fri-Sat from 11:00 AM to close
- Amenities currently available include:
- Hiking trails
- Outdoor playground
- Outdoor yard games
- Swimming Beach
- Naturalist activities (weekends only)
- At this time, we are currently not offering day passes for non-Honey Creek Resort guests. This is due to limited hours, limiting the number of people at the resort, and putting our guests first.
Note: Some services may be limited or unavailable due to thorough sanitation requirements and social distancing measures.
Hours of Operation:
Rathbun Lakeshore Grille
- Restaurant Hours: Daily 8 AM to 9 PM
- Lounge Hours: Sun-Thurs 2 PM to close (tentatively 9 PM); Fri-Sat 11 AM to close
The Preserve Golf Course
- Hours: Mon 11:45 AM to 7 PM; Tues-Fri 7:45 AM to 7 PM; Sat-Sun 7 AM to 8 PM
- Hours: Daily 1 PM to 6 PM (through September 7)
- Please Note: boat rentals unavailable on August 25 and 26
- After September 7, open Fri-Sun only (9/11-13 and 9/18-20)
- Hours: 11 AM to 7 PM (through September 7)
Indoor Water Park
- Hours: 11 AM to 7 PM
We are currently accepting reservations for upcoming dates. You can book online or please call us at 866-797-5308 from 7 AM - 7 PM CDT.
Updated Cancellation Policy:
As part of our newly established Rest Assured™ program, we have created a new cancellation policy that provides our guests with the confidence of flexibility during this unprecedented situation that affects all Delaware North Parks and Resorts destinations.
Under this policy, all reservations may be changed or canceled at no charge by 4:00 pm CDT 2 days before the scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
Thank you for your understanding, and please stay safe.