The Romance of Rathbun Lake
|Come join us
With the backdrop of the lake and soaring spires of trees, Honey Creek Resort State Park is a true Iowa, destination resort. The cascading great lawn overlooks the water offering an elegant, romantic setting for a wedding ceremony and reception. Honey Creek Resort’s wedding packages are available for up to 300 guests. An intimate and elegant lodge, Honey Creek Resort State Park, Moravia, provides one of Iowa’s most picturesque wedding locations.
(View – First wedding of the 2012 Season)
What we can offerA wedding is such a special event and should be celebrated in a place as unique as your relationship.Celebrate your marriage at Honey Creek Resort featuring beautiful ceremony and reception sites. From rehearsal dinners to the grand affair, the wedding you dreamed of is possible at Honey Creek Resort. On your wedding day, every detail matters. Our Executive Chef will create a special reception and banquet that will ensure your wedding will be nothing short of spectacular!
The following are complimentary to you with the purchase of 125 adult meals:
- Event Coordination
- Table Service including linens, china & glassware
- Staging for the head table
- Dance floor
- Menu tasting event for the bride & groom
- 14”round mirror with hurricane lantern & pillar candle
- Wedding cake table
- Wireless microphone for toast & announcements
- Gift table, DJ table & Guestbook table
- Use of video projection system
- Bridal suite the night of the reception
- Complimentary dressing room for the bride & attendants
Ballroom rental rates are negotiable during off-peak season and weekdays.
To enhance your event, ask us about our finishing touches!
• Chair covers • Sashes • Table runners • Overlays • Custom back drops • Under-lighting • Shepard Hooks • 3ft Column bases • Candy buffet • Chocolate fountain • Outside tent • Outdoor arbor • Ice sculptures • Video projection system View Floor Plans (PDF 2.2MB)
Reservations and Services for Weddings
For group reservations and services for weddings, parties and receptions please contact Marsha Whisler at email@example.com or 641-724-1406.
Nature and Group Activities
We have our own activity center and full-time interpretive staff who coordinate nature programs and activities. Guests can participate in dozens of planned hikes, biking, birding, kayaking, and scavenger hunts. Groups can schedule activities at various skill levels, as well as geo-caching, habitat and ecosystem programs. Activities can be selected in advance and tailored to the group, wedding party, their member’s interests, and their schedule.
Honey Creek Offers
- 6,500 sq ft of beautiful ceremony and reception space
- Extensive outdoor area for weddings or receptions
- 105-room lakeside lodge
- 28 luxury cottages
- Rathbun Lakeshore Grille
- 18-hole championship golf course
- Indoor water park